If you’re a heavy equipment operator, then you know the importance of being aware of your surroundings and monitoring your machinery. Boom lifts are no exception; in fact, they may require even more attention than other types of equipment. This is because JLG boom lift warning lights that indicate important things.
Most JLG boom lifts have a series of warning lights that indicate the status of the machine. These lights can be found on the control panel and in some cases, on the boom itself. We tell you an overview of what each light means.
📢Read also: JLg Warning Light Troubleshooting Guide
JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights Overview
It’s important to know what each light means so that you can take appropriate action. Here is a guide to JLG boom lift warning lights:
- The red “stop” light indicates that the machine is overloaded or otherwise unsafe to operate. If this light comes on, you should immediately stop using the boom lift.
- The yellow “caution” light indicates that there is a problem with the machine that needs to be fixed before continuing operation. If this light comes on, you should contact a qualified technician for assistance.
- The green “ready” light indicates that the machine is safe to operate and all systems are functioning properly.
If any of these lights come on while you’re operating the boom lift, take note of the color and take appropriate action accordingly. With proper awareness, you can keep yourself and those around you safe while using this type of machinery.
Featured reading: Jeep Cherokee Service 4wd System Reset
What the JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights colors mean?
Most JLG boom lifts have three main colors of warning lights: red, yellow, and green. Here’s what they mean:
- Red: A red light indicates a potentially serious issue that could result in machine damage or operator injury if not addressed immediately.
- Yellow: A yellow light signals a less urgent issue that should be fixed as soon as possible.
- Green: A green light means the machine is operating normally.
Expert advice: Hardwire Jeep Jk Dash Cam
Most Important JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights
There are several critical JLG boom lift warning lights that operators need to be aware of. These lights indicate potential safety hazards that could lead to serious injury or death if not addressed in a timely manner.
The most important JLG boom lift warning lights are:
- The red operator up light. This light indicates that the operator is not in the correct position to operate the boom lift safely. If this light is illuminated, the operator needs to get into the proper position before continuing to operate the boom lift.
- The green engine running light. This light indicates that the engine is running and that the boom lift is ready to be used.
- The yellow travel direction indicator light. This light indicates which direction the boom lift will travel when it is moved forward or backward. This is an important safety feature that helps operators avoid accidents while moving the boom lift around on a job site.
- The orange low oil pressure warning light. This light indicates that the engine oil pressure is low and needs to be checked immediately. If this light is ignored, it could lead to engine damage or failure.
- The red emergency stop button indicator light. This light illuminates when the emergency stop button has been activated. This is a critical safety feature that should only be used in case of an emergency situation where continuing to operate the boom lift could lead to serious injury or death.
How to troubleshoot JLG boom lift warning lights
If you’re troubleshooting JLG boom lift warning lights, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, check the operator’s manual to see if there is a specific meaning for the light that is illuminated. Next, identify the problem by checking the control panel and looking for any error codes that may be displayed. If possible, try to reset the system and see if the light goes off. If not, then it’s likely that there is a more serious issue at hand and you should contact a qualified technician for further assistance.
If you see any of these JLG boom lift warning lights, it’s important to take action right away. These lights are designed to alert you to potential problems so that you can avoid them. By taking the time to troubleshoot the issue, you can keep your boom lift running smoothly and safely. Thanks for reading and we hope this article has been helpful.
🎯Suggested article: Jlg Scissor Lift Warning Light Flashing
FAQs About JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights
How do I reset my JLG lift?
The user should hold the button down and turn the key switch to the ON position. This will activate the device for up to 10 seconds, with 2 seconds being the default setting. After this time period has elapsed, it is important that users ensure that they have released their finger from holding down the button before turning off the power switch.
Where is the load sensor on JLG?
JLG’s load sensor is located in the platform’s support structure, below and behind the operator controls. This positioning allows it to accurately recognize the total platform load when an operator, occupants, and/or equipment are present. The signal sent to the machine’s software system by JLG’s load sensor ensures that a safe working environment is maintained. The images provided illustrate this positioning of the sensor clearly.
Can a JLG lift tip over?
Though rare, it is possible for boom lifts to tip over. To help avoid any potential injuries that could be caused by such incidents, it is essential to ensure the area underneath and around the boom lift is kept clear at all times. By taking this precautionary measure, workers can remain safe in the event of a tip-over.